Position Title:Assistant Planner II
Company:City Of Escondido
Location:Escondido, CA, US
If you want to join a hard-working team that shares a commitment to keep the City of Escondido safe, clean and efficiently run, consider a career with the City of Escondido. We have an opening for the position of Assistant Planner I/II in our Community Development Department/ Planning Division. For a complete listing of job duties and qualifications, please refer to the corresponding job description, which can be obtained from the Human Resources Department or downloaded from the City’s website.
- Handles complex planning assignments relating to the implementation of the General Plan and Zoning Ordinance;
- Handles all aspects of analyzing and coordinating of complex planning applications including plot plans, zone changes, annexations, variances, environmental review, design review and subdivision maps, and prepares and reviews written staff reports thereon;
- Conducts environmental review on planning applications and coordinates with environmental consultants, as needed.
- Reviews post-entitlement grading, building and landscape plans for conformance with project conditions and ordinances; Assists in the administration and preparation of zoning and planning ordinances;
- Conducts office and field research and investigations of land use, population trends, community design, and other projects;
- Compiles and evaluates data for advanced planning studies relating to land use and reports on findings;
- Principles, practices, and trends of urban planning;
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations including planning law, zoning, subdivision regulations, and the
- California Environmental Quality Act;
- Operations, services, and activities of a community development department
- Organization and functions of the various agencies involved in the urban planning and related processes.
- Development review procedures and requirements.
- Site planning and architecture design principles.
- Recent developments, current literature, research methods, and sources of information related to municipal planning, urban growth, and development.
- Methods and techniques of effective technical report preparation and presentation.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and supporting software applications.