Company:City Of Abilene Texas
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of manual custodial tasks involved in the housekeeping and maintenance of public buildings. Custodial facility assignments may change depending upon the needs of the department.
- Strip and wax floors.
- Move and/or lift furniture, boxes, and other materials.
- Maintain a schedule of cleaning and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, both internally and externally.
- Operate buffer to polish floors.
- Inventory and pick-up supplies.
- Follow and embrace the City of Abilene Core Values – Respect, Integrity, Service Above Self, and
- Excellence in All We Do.
- Operate carpet extractor machine.
- Sweep and mop floors; vacuum; dust and clean offices and other work areas.
- Polish furniture; collect and remove waste; wash windows and walls; clean restrooms, and change burned out light fixtures.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Open and close facilities for use; secure the facility at closing.
- Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
- With or without accommodation, ability to lift up to 50 pounds and team lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, crawl, twist, and climb.
- Ability to travel to different sites.
- Pass a comprehensive Federal background check.
- Must be able to work some holidays.
- Exposure to noise, outdoors, vibration, confining work spaces, chemicals, mechanical hazards, and electrical hazards.
- Ability to work flexible hours.