Position Title:Customer Service Representative
Company:City Of Abilene Texas
Under general supervision, to perform a wide range of customer service duties, sales, and support functions in Guest Services at the Abilene Zoo. Provides administrative support to the Guest Service Managers and Assistant Managers. Also, appropriately directs Zoo visitor traffic.
- May assist with other Guest Services operations.
- The safe operation of equipment/vehicles.
- Assists with general customer services functions including answering guest inquiries, giving directions, providing information of zoo functions and activities.
- Assist with guest surveys and other reports.
- Process incoming and outgoing calls; process register payments, process reservation and visitation paperwork, equipment operation, and food preparation.
- Efficiently and accurately manage cash handling functions.
- Manage time effectively.
- Provides administrative support for the Guest Service Managers and Assistant Managers.
- Maintain, inspect, clean, take inventory, and follow policies and procedures of assigned equipment, areas, and surrounding spaces.
- Greets and directs visitors to the Abilene Zoo as well as answer general questions.
- Provide excellent customer service and communicate clearly.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- General customer service.
- Interact with zoo guests in a professional and courteous way.
- Administrative and office management principles, procedures and practices.
- Train Operation requires staff member to be a minimum 18 years of age with valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule that may include nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Must be able to work in outdoor conditions and in extreme heat and cold.
- Food Handlers Permit will be required if preparing food.
- Requires staff member to be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
- With or without accommodation, ability to lift up to 50 pounds.