Position Title:Facilities Maintenance Specialist
Company:City Of Gilroy
Location:CA 95020, CA
The Facilities Unit is a small energetic group with a strong sense of cohesion and team success. Our team takes pride in performing preventative maintenance of all buildings, including City Hall, the Police Department, Fire Stations, Corporation Yard, and many other City facilities. Whatever obstacles are encountered, our team collaborates to go above and beyond to ensure all service requests are completed including last minute emergencies that require immediate attention. We enjoy discussing, learning, and sharing knowledge in the various trades we perform on a daily basis.
- erform general maintenance and repair work on City buildings, structures and park facilities.
- Perform general maintenance and minor repair on electrical equipment and wiring systems.
- Install and make repair to windows, doors, cabinets, and other features of buildings.
- Make repairs to interior and exterior tables, chairs, benches, and bookcases.
- Prepare surfaces for painting by making needed repairs to the surface.Appl primers, sealers, undercoating, and finish coats to surface.
- Perform plumbing repairs and installations.Cut and fit pipe for domestic, irrigation, waste and drainage plumbing systems.Make repairs to plumbing fixtures, drinking fountains, and water faucets.
- Perform basic concrete and masonry work in buildings, facilities, and grounds. Mix concrete and mortar for use in constructing or repairing masonry features.Operate heavy equipment, such as backhoe, bobcat, loader tractor, etc.
- Operate heavy equipment, such as backhoe, bobcat, loader tractor, etc.
- Drive medium and heavy-duty trucks to transport materials, and tow and haul equipment on trailers.
- Clean and maintain hand and power tools and equipment.
- Assist with the supervision of special project crews, seasonal part-time , and volunteer staff.
- Perform related work as required.
- Any combination of education and training equivalent to high school graduation and at least (3) years of experience in building trades. Experience with campus, or multi-facility projects preferred.
- Possess, at time of hire, and maintain during employment a valid California Class C Driver License and a safe driving record necessary to operate assigned vehicle(s).
- Pass a post-offer medical examination, which includes a drug test.
- Will be subject to variable shifts and call back.
- Pass a detailed employment background check, including a Department of Justice criminal record check.
- Prefer non-tobacco user.
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly desirable.