Position Title: Residential Support Worker
Company: City Of Sheffield
Location: Sheffield, England, UK
Our children and young people need highly skilled and committed people who can build appropriate relationships and support them on their journey to a positive future.
- We are looking to appoint a number of full time Residential Support Workers at Aldine House Secure Children’s Home.
- As a Residential Support Worker (RSW) you will provide the highest standards of care to our young people. We are licensed to provide care, education and support to ten children and young people aged between 10 and 18.
- As a specialist service, we provide a critical first-line child protection and public protection service.
- We work with young people who have been placed in secure accommodation either because they are deemed to be too vulnerable to be placed in an open residential placement, they have been sentenced by the courts or they have been placed with us on remand.
- Each young person presents a distinct and significant challenge to our staff who work together to build relationships and help young people make progress.
- All of our staff are required to show high levels of resilience and resourcefulness in order to work successfully with our young people.
- Exceptionally competitive salary when factoring in secure unit allowance and enhancements for working unsociable hours.
- Opportunities to undertake additional hours
- An opportunity to join an experienced and genuinely passionate multi-agency professional team.
- Excellent training and opportunities for professional development and career progression
- The opportunity to obtain the Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare – This will be fully funded with supported study time.