Position Title:Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company:City Of Abilene Texas
Under general supervision to perform routine care and more direct supervision for new and/or complex assignments, provides skilled nursing services to clients in clinics and off-site locations
- Provide required phlebotomy for Abilene-Taylor County Public Health District as needed.
- Provide skilled nursing care to include: assessments of vital signs, height, weight, body mass index, medical and social history, disease testing through specimen collection, treatment, and referrals to other providers as necessary; in the following programs: Refugee, Tuberculosis, Family
- Planning, Immunizations and Screening for blood pressure, Diabetes and/or cholesterol.
- Participate in the operation of a public health clinic: interview patients, give prescribed treatments and immunizations; provide prescribed medications; record data; make referrals; provide education & counseling and participate in coordinating total services in the best interest of the patient.
- Confer with parents/patients; physicians; school personnel; and other groups to present, promote and conduct selected classes regarding immunizations and other related health care issues for the community.
- Maintain individual medical records in electronic and/or paper format; compile clinic reports; accurately complete accompanying lab requests; and assist with record audits for quality management.
- Participate in on- and off-site location Flu Clinics as needed.
- Perform CPR as needed; operate AED as needed
- Conduct field interviews as needed.
- Monitor lab reports for normal or abnormal results; call or contact patients that need treatment, immunization or other follow-up regarding abnormal results.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Exposure to cold, heat, noise, outdoors, confining work space, chemicals, explosive materials, mechanical hazards, and electrical hazards.
- May be required to work late to complete a task or project.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, and climb.
- With or without accommodation, ability to lift or team lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to travel different sites.
- Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment: