Position Title: Assistant Ranger
Company: National Trust
Location: Liverpool, UK
Rangers have been a part of the National Trust since the beginning, our place in the organisations future means that we need to think long term about how we look after our special places. As part of the wider Ranger team, we need you to think about our impact on the environment, and find better ways to do things.
- With your endless passion for our work, you’ll help with the protection and care of habitats, wildlife, property and machinery, and your passion will inspire other to love this beautiful place as much as you do.
- We want you to engage with visitors, making time to talk to them, not rushing away to the next task.
So whether you’re maintaining our green spaces to assisting with guided visitor walks, through to delivering a wide range of engaging visitor experiences, no two days will be the same.
- You’ll also share and promote the work that we do here, ensuring special places like these are here to be both protected and enjoyed by everyone for ever.
- This will see you responding to queries and explaining the value of the work being undertaken.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work alongside volunteers and be able to support them to perform at their best
- Have a commitment to customer service standards and experience of its delivery
- Demonstrate a passion for nature and the outdoors
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Have good people skills enabling strong relationships externally and internally, to be built and maintained
- Practical experience in land, conservation and access management, to level 2 (or equivalent level of vocational experience)
- Some experience of delivering engagement activities that help build or strengthen visitors’ connections with nature and the outdoors
- Familiarity with machinery/equipment and practical certificates as required by the property
About National Trust
We all have a place we love. A place that inspires us. A place with its own unique and particular atmosphere. We were created to help people make the most of these very special places - and the good things that come from them.