Position Title: BIM Manager
Company: National Grid
Location: Manchester, UK
As a BIM Manager, you will be responsible for driving the implementation of Building Information Modelling (BIM) into the Gas Transmission (GT) business, working with IT to develop systems such as common data environment, document management, drawings and modelling tooling. You will lead on the transformation of our construction processes to be digital, utilising innovative technology to meet GT’s strategic requirements.
- Business expert in BIM implementation and system ownership.
- Sets the strategy for the configuration and business usage of digital asset systems to meet GT’s strategic objectives.
- Creates and owns the digital asset system roadmap considering integration points and changes to meet developing business needs.
- Provides leading expertise in digital asset systems and applies this to process improvement and efficiency across GT.
- Creates and champions initiatives working with key stakeholders to implement system configuration and functionality ensuring appropriate engagement.
- Ensures that the benefits of system configuration are appropriately delivered hand-in-hand with business change.
- Works with stakeholders across the business gaining senior buy in to create investments in systems to deliver strategic business benefits.
- Interprets business requirements working with IT and vendors to deliver appropriate new solutions, updgrades and configurations.
- Design business systems implementation plans and releases taking into account business and technical constraints.
- Provides expertise in how the digital assets systems are utilised by the GT ensuring business delivery is not adversley affected by change.
- Defines communications strategy for initiatives and ongoing system health.
- Works with IT to set the IT investment plan and architecture for digital asset systems.
- Can think creatively – seeks continuous improvement opportunities.
- Is highly numerate and analytical – can determine appropriate datasets to meet business requirements and facilitate processes.
- Has good communication skills – is able to identify and manage key stakeholders and communicate confidently at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of common data environments and their use including data flows.
- Experience of delivering BIM in a construction environment to deliver value and reduce cost of project delivery.
- Experience of working with construction partners to tooling, ways of working and standards.
- Good understanding of Information Management according to ISO19650 standards and requirements.
- Good understanding of leveraging system integration.
- Commercial understanding of system changes and associated benefits realisation.
About National Grid
National Grid is one of the world's largest utilities, focused on delivering energy safely, efficiently, reliably and responsibly. National Grid is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world. We play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and northeastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner.