Position Title: Mechatronics Engineer
Company: Ocado Jobs
Location: Leicester, UK
We are a fast-growing, global company. Today we have colleagues in development centre across the world – London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria), Barcelona (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Las Vegas, San Francisco (USA) and Toronto (Canada). Our Retrieval Robotics teams are at the cutting-edge of our technology engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke electrical and mechanical development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
- Experience with ARM microcontrollers preferably STM32
- Debug and test mechanical systems
- PCB design tools like Altium Designer
- Embedded Linux and Device Tree
- Testing of mechatronics systems
- Motor control and control algorithms
- Plan for manufacturing in cooperation with suppliers
- Bonus points if you also have…
- Handle component selection
- Writing safe, efficient and readable code in C
- Software development with Git
- Designing and testing all electronic components and systems
About Ocado Jobs
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. Nearly 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100, client-focused business that provides services, technology, and automation to grocery e-commerce businesses around the world.
To find out about our cutting edge Ocado Technology division, go to https://www.linkedin.com/company/ocado-technology/. They use the cloud, robotics, AI and IoT to put the world’s retailers online.
Or check out Ocado Engineering, who build innovative construction and logistics solutions https://www.linkedin.com/company/ocado-engineering/. If you’re keen to learn new skills, work in a supportive team, and help us craft a world-beating service, then find vacancies on www.ocado.jobs