Position Title:Category Manager
Now it’s on to the nitty-gritty. Setting commercial KPIs for sales, profit and stock; co-ordinating diverse teams; establishing financial targets for budgetary and monitoring purposes; assessing the performance of the category, as well as supporting the trade teams to sell…these are all just some of the ways that you’ll deliver your vision. This is a strategic role. Yet, it’s also a hands-on, keep-on-top-of-it-and-everyone-in-the-loop, manage and develop-as-you-go kind of position, including working in close partnership with Group. And as much as our customers evolve, so will the category you manage. The same can be said for your career. Further responsibilities include:
- Deliver the sales and margin targets for your Categories
- Leverage the Kingfisher group offer and volumes to offer outstanding value.
- Work with key strategic suppliers to deliver long term growth and innovation.
- Continuously monitor market and consumer trends, acting on insight ensure Screwfix are always delivering for our Trade customers.
- Set the strategic direction of the Category, leading the creation and delivery of the Category Plan.
- Constantly innovate your Category proposition, developing a compelling and market leading pipeline of activity that delivers on our customer promises of Convenience, Value and Product Leadership.
- Manage the 12 month Trading plan, continuously assessing and monitoring the performance of your Categories and products, using data and insight to highlight and act upon emerging themes to accelerate performance.
- Evaluates and lead decisions on range, price and promotions, based on consumer understanding and financial viability.
We’re Screwfix, and we’re proud of it! We’re a team of 13,000 and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. A true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 79,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot.