Position Title:Homepage and App Editor
The Telegraph is looking for an analytically minded front-end developer to help manage improvements in our analytics and personalisation infrastructure through Adobe Launch. You’ll help to improve the data that we capture, the analysis we drive and the personalisation we can produce through advancing our use of Adobe Launch and AEP products.
- Drive a compelling homepage that reflects the Telegraph’s values, puts subscribers first and grows the Telegraph’s audience.
- Ensure telegraph.co.uk is an entertaining and informative platform – with the best possible headlines, pictures and visual assets at all times.
- Overall responsibility for the new Telegraph App. Line-manage the Edition team that compiles the digital version of the newspaper in our app. Ensure the edition is of the highest quality, error free and optimised for the best digital experience.
- Manage the app notifications strategy, and liaise with Apple News and other developing third-party platforms to ensure the right content is supplied and promoted.
- Work closely with commissioning editors and digital heads across news, lifestyle, business, sport, video, pictures and design/graphics channels to produce content in a timely way, to the highest publishing standards.
- Coordinate the overnight operation, including daily handovers in both the morning and evening with US and Australia offices.
- Liaise with analytics, SEO and social media to ensure priorities are met.
- Display stories and content in innovative ways.
- Help the website to meet its subscription targets.
- A digital editor with significant experience at national level.
- Outstanding news judgment.
- A deep understanding of Homepages, how they operate and how to write incredible headlines.
- Significant experience of digital reporting and publishing, including telling stories in creative ways.
- Command of analytics tools and how these influence homepage decisions.
- Understanding of SEO.
- A track record in innovation and digital thinking.
- Understanding and experience of the different content types that make up a diverse website such as telegraph.co.uk.
- Understanding of photo, video and graphical journalism and how they can be used to develop a website.
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph’s mission is to provide content that inspires people to have the perspective they want to progress in life. It delivers quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day