Position Title:Assistant Store Manager
Acting as an inspirational leader, inspiring customer loyalty and coaching the team to be the best they can be. This isn’t your average retail role. It’s much more than just a store job. Of course, you’ll serve customers, but you’ll also be checking deliveries, picking items from the warehouse and stocking shelves. And it can be hot in the summer and cold in the winter. But if you take real pride in what you and the team do, our customers will notice and love us all the more for it.
- Delivering great service. Providing a great customer experience with a smile on your face – no matter how busy you are.
- Leading. Coaching, motivating and engaging the team creating a great place to work where engagement is key.
- Asking questions and building relationships. Making sure our customers leave the branch with everything that they need for the job.
- Building a fun working environment. Maintaining our great product availability and high branch standards, while making sure that your branch is somewhere everyone loves coming to work.
- Supporting. Whether you’re deputising for the Store Manager in their absence or supporting them in achieving and exceeding targets.
- Mucking in. Checking and unpacking deliveries, opening and closing the branch, stocking shelves, cleaning the branch and putting orders together.
- Knowledge. Use all you know about Retail and your understanding of leading a team to deliver great results.
- Hard work and passion. Be dedicated to leading a team to deliver superb customer service and amazing results.
- A love of team work. Be happy to muck in and get your hands dirty.
- A positive attitude. Make sure that our customers have a great experience while in our branch keeping the team motivated in the face of adversity.
- Flexibility. Be there when we need you, be open to change and additional responsibility.
- Yourself. Bring your whole self to work and let your true personality shine through.
Join Toolstation and you’ll be joining one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe. We’re one of Britain’s best-known multi-channel retailer of tools, accessories and building supplies. Backed by Travis Perkins plc, our freedom to operate as a nimble, entrepreneurial business means we’re now well established and have even bigger plans.