Position Title:Supply Chain Manager
As an experienced Supply Chain Manager, you will successfully lead the Supply Chain Planning team to support the overall growth of Toolstation. Your focus will be to define the ways of working which will ultimately drive availability within DC’s and stores. You will manage the end to end life cycle of products; from new line introduction process, forecasting promotional activity, smoothing in-take deliveries and proactively manage obsolete stock and create an efficient on-going Return To Vendor process.
- Lead – You will lead & develop the supply chain planning team to support the overall growth of Toolstation. You will lead the ways of working with suppliers to ensure that rules on stock flow and stock management are re-defined to align with the future needs of this growing business.
- Manage – Development of the team will be a major focus, ensuring the team all have active development plans, clear objectives & goals, whilst supporting them to achieve these. You will also manage the stock life cycle by implementing appropriate new stock management processes.
- Improvement – You will be constantly working to develop and improve elements of the supply chain process such as; brining new lines into the business and optimising space utilization in the DC network.
- Collaborating – You’ll directly support the Head of Supply Chain on implementing the strategic and tactical direction for the business. You’ll form great relationships with our Distribution Centres to ensure that they are operating at optimal stock levels and our Commercial team will see our Supply Chain as an asset that helps them grow their sales. You’ll also work closely with the project team implementing a Demand Planning System
- Planning and organising – You’ll translate the company’s strategies into meaningful plans for the business. You can manage and plan complex multi layered projects and will fluently convey the plan to all, creating structure for communication and interaction.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Developing strong relationships with various stakeholders both internally & externally whilst identifying the dependencies that different business functions have to drive success.
- Problem Solving – You’ll generate solutions, taking into consideration a variety of factors. You’ll also identify options for solving a problem and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each option.
- Continuous improvement – You strive to improve things by challenging existing thinking. You are innovative and will offer alternatives to traditional methods/approaches. You drive change through teams and will anticipate the impact of change whilst directing your team and others in smoothly shifting gears.
- Commercial/Business Awareness – You understand the business priorities and aligns team direction to match it. You’ll also use company knowledge and external market data to identify new opportunities for commercial success
- Drive and Passion – You love what you do, pursue everything with energy, strive for self-development and motivate yourself and your team to achieve goals; driving those around you to succeed in their role.
Join Toolstation and you’ll be joining one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe. We’re one of Britain’s best-known multi-channel retailer of tools, accessories and building supplies. Backed by Travis Perkins plc, our freedom to operate as a nimble, entrepreneurial business means we’re now well established and have even bigger plans.