Position Title:System Engineer
Our Smart Retail Team are responsible for all aspects of William Hills exciting new Smart-Hub platform, serving over 1400 retail shops in the UK. The Smart-Hub platform replaces our various colleague facing back office and EPoS systems, consolidating them onto a new single, multi-function system. Your role is to keep our colleagues and customers connected, updating our existing platform and systems while ensuring our customers have cutting edge technology at their fingertips.
- Here at William Hill we want our Systems Engineers to be able to take control, so we work to the principle, “if you can do it, crack on and do it.” If you love the flash of a command line prompt, and take great pride in connecting all the jigsaw pieces of an IT service, we think you’ll fit right in..
- All this variety means that no two days are the same.
- You’ll help us make sure that our infrastructure and applications are running smoothly, and any issues are fixed.
- Working closely with support and development teams, you’ll have an opportunity to enhance your technical skills across a wide range of areas and work with new technology as we move further into AWS territory.
- We work in a DevOps culture and we’re adopting agile methodologies too. It would be great if you’re familiar with these ways of working and can share your expertise.
- We offer a friendly, flexible working environment and encourage career and personal development.
- We want the type of Engineer who’s enthusiastic about automating everything.
- You can quickly diagnose and resolve connectivity problems, you can spot why a container is behaving badly in a heartbeat, and you can collaborate with developers to resolve code vs infrastructure conflicts.
- We need you to be a Linux expert, with some knowledge of Redhat, Git, Docker, and cloud providers such as AWS. Any knowledge of Terraform, Puppet, and Kubernetes would be a bonus.
- If you haven’t used these in the workplace but take an active interest in your own time, link us to your GitHub and show us what you’re made of! We’re interested in your potential.
About William Hill
With over 16,000 people worldwide, we make a huge investment in everyone, offering great career development opportunities.