Position Title: Bus Operator Trainee
Company:City Of Culver City
Location:Culver City, CA, US
Culver City is a Charter City incorporated in 1917, and is a destination filled with outdoor cafes unique shops and galleries opening onto pedestrian-friendly boulevards. Culver City has a dedicated staff of approximately 700+ employees with an overall operating budget of over $235 million. The city provides a full range of municipal services including Fire, Police, Community Development, Public Works, Parks, Recreation and Community Services, and Transportation.
- Under supervision, operates a bus on assigned schedules and routes; picking up and discharging passengers at designated bus stops.
- Collects and accounts for fares and issues transfers; provides schedule information, assists passengers and maintains a safe, orderly environment on the bus.
- Keeps daily operations records and reports when repairs or adjustments are needed to the bus.
- Ensures that proper procedures are followed in the event of an accident including, but not limited to, determining whether medical assistance is needed, securing names of witnesses, and accurately completing proper reports.
- NO employment terminations for cause.
- NO more than one (1) moving violation.
- NO traffic accidents reported on the DMV (K-4) printout. If a traffic accident reported on your DMV K-4 printout was not your fault, you must attach acceptable proof to your application to be given further consideration.
- NO arrests for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs that result in a criminal conviction.
- NO administrative suspension or revocation of driver’s license for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Three (3) years prior to closing date and up to the date of appointment (hire) to the position: