Position Title: Buying Negotiations Manager
Location: Belfast, UK
This exciting role supports the Screwfix Trading team and Buying Managers with the commercial intelligence, tools, templates and analysis required to support commercial negotiations; deliver strong buying governance and tracking for stakeholders; and ensure we are getting the net cost prices from our suppliers. The role is to develop and embed best practice ways of working in approach to negotiation and vendor management.
- Oversee timely completion of annual vendor buying agreements by the Trading teams (c£750m+ branded COGs).
- Support creation and maintenance of a suite of MI to improve visibility and outcomes in Negotiations and Vendor Management for assigned areas.
- Maintain central (systemised) depository of all Vendor Contract negotiations for assigned Trading areas.
- Share and maintain best practice on Buying approach and ways of working (aligned to legal team and KF guidelines).
- Developing and co-ordinating set play negotiation opportunities.
- Create and own templates and workshop best practice into Trading teams.
- Ensure latest commodity, currency and markets data is being pro-actively used to secure best buying price.
- Validate all major branded CPI requests.
- Coordinate programme of cost recovery where price investment is made.
- Ideally previous experience in Buying and/or commercial role
- Strong negotiation and negotiation planning skills
- Experienced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint user, with good Analytical skills
- Good communication skills, empathetic with people, listens and takes on board requirements
- Challenges existing practices with positive intent
- Strong team player who uses initiative and diplomacy when liaising with internal and external customers
- Experience of Project Management
- Good influencing and facilitation skills
- Able to build strong internal relationships to deliver commercial improvement through others
We’re Screwfix, and we’re proud of it! We’re a team of 13,000 and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. A true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 79,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot.