Position Title:Fire Adminstration Technician
Company:City Of Gilroy
Location:CA 95020, CA
The goal of the Fire Department is to provide effective and efficient fire suppression, rescue and medical response with properly trained and equipped firefighters and paramedics. Gilroy is located 28 miles south of San Jose, in Santa Clara County, and serves a diverse population base of approximately 60,000 residents. The Gilroy Fire Department serves the community from 4 stations which are strategically located throughout the city and responds to over 5,500 calls per year.
- Organize and effectively manage the office of a major department.
- Track overtime usage and analyze overtime data for presentation at each monthly command staff meeting.Track all department employee leaves, including injury leave and worker’s compensation leave and provide data to the management team for review and action as appropriate.Provide workers compensation data to human resources as needed. Assist with building the Fire Department budget.
- Track department program/project manager budgets.
- Manage fire department grants.Submit reimbursement requests, track receipt of reimbursements, complete and submit quarterly and annual reports.
- Reconcile accuracy of invoices from vendors.
- Track, update, and dispose of department fixed assets.
- Submit all department invoices to Accounts Payable for payment to vendors.
- Create and submit all Purchase Requisitions to Finance for Purchase Order processing.
- Track Purchase Order payments and balances.
- Track, receive, and deposit all reimbursements to the department.
- Develop billing invoices and track reimbursement for Strike Team related events.Submit the salary schedule yearly to CalEMA to serve as the basis for reimbursement.
- Process incident report requests from the public, other agencies, and internally from other city departments.
- An Associate’s degree, or sixty (60) semester units, in business administration, public administration, accounting, or another related field of study from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four years of related accounting or administrative experience in a city or county municipal agency. Prior administrative work in a fire department preferred. Evaluation of related work experience shall be at the sole discretion of the City of Gilroy.
- Additional related work experience may offset up to one year (30 units) of the required education.
- Additional related education from an accredited college or university (i.e. Bachelor’s degree or related college units beyond the 60 semester units noted above in #1) may offset up to two years of the required work experience with 30 additional related units being equal to one year of work experience.
- Computer keyboarding proficiency, with speed and accuracy, including experience using MS Office required. Strong skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Possess and maintain a valid California Driver License and a safe driving record necessary to operate assigned vehicles.
- Pass a background check, including a Department of Justice criminal record check, for employment.
- Prefer non-tobacco user.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills desired, but not required.